Thursday, June 21, 2012

Changing Direction, Setting a New Course

When I woke this morning, I thought I was going to be hauling two horses to a National Foundation Quarter Horse Association (NFQHA) show in Goldendale, Washington. It didn't happen.

Instead, I helped my two plus year-old filly, Jetblue, get through a minor colic episode. Life.

As I sorted through the various options -- get Jetblue mostly better and leave her care to my husband and daughter or, stay home and care for the filly myself, which I did -- it never occurred to me that I might be angry.

What did cross my mind was the wonder of human adaptiveness, of our innate ability to change direction and set a new course. There's a bit of terror and an even larger thrill to such challenges. When I launch my every cell into the moment, into the unknown outcome, and do my best, I feel strong.

Do you feel the same way?

No comments:

Post a Comment