Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Heavenly Day

Saturday, March 24 is officially the best day of 2012 so far! It was nice enough to rate a t-shirt. Lots of sunshine with a hint of cool breeze and truly magnificent. Can you believe we had snow last Thursday?

Daisy's calf began to nibble at the grass blades today, but not while I had my camera in hand. Instead, I snapped him lounging in the grass and looking quite regal. Perhaps we should call him King. What do you think?


As I quietly watched, the calf stood, reached around, and began to lick the end of his tail. The little guy's extreme flexibility was amazing, but I wasn't surprised to see him tending to his tail.

Soon after the calf was born, one of the Black Angus heifers must have stepped on the tip of his tail, resulting in a good size cut. To prevent infection, Lorenzo and I had worked together to dip the calf's tail and belly button in an iodine solution.

The calf's tail appears to be mending nicely, which is probably why it's so darn itchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment