Sunday, March 25, 2012

In Memory

The bulbs I planted over the graves of our four cats, the ones burried here at Sweetgrass, finally began to bloom today. Between late season snow storms, colder than average weather, and deer, it's amazing those bulbs even survived.

The first vibrant Crocus blossoms did my heart good. Planting bulbs or perennial flowers or roses or Sweetgrass is my way of remembering those I've loved, my way of knowing that we'll all eventually get to become something else. I guess you could say that recycling is nothing new.


The big pile of rocks in the background is Princess's grave. Week before last, we euthanized our beloved nineteen year-old Beagle/Whippet pound puppy and burried her near the cats. She was a lovely dog and we miss her.

Over the summer, we'll get Princess's rocks set in the ground and ready the soil. Later, in the fall, I'll select some bulbs and plant them over our faithful friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment