Friday, March 23, 2012

Recovery -- An Update on Jetblue

Two months and one week ago, my blue roan filly, Jetblue, underwent emergency, life saving colic surgery at Oregon State University. Since then, she's been on stall rest with twice daily hand walks.

Today, under a brilliant blue sky, Jetblue got to go out in a small, 12 x 32 foot paddock. As I stood there, snapping a photo of Jetblue hoovering up the bits of alfalfa I'd left on the ground for her, it occurred to me that Jetblue looks like a horse.

My, how time flies.



"There is something magical about saving the life of a living thing, if you can do it. It is an affirmation of life itself, a bow to humanity, connection in a time of fragmentation, an affirmation. We can't do much, but maybe we can do this, and that makes it a sweet little miracle." ~Jon Katz

No comments:

Post a Comment