Saturday, October 13, 2012

Always Time for Adventure

I could have stayed home yesterday, could have gotten fertilizer spread on the pastures or knocked off several of the countless tasks to "winterize" the ranch. Instead, I chose to ride at Del Rey Beach.

This morning, when the rain rolled in and soaked my three layers of clothes, soaked the top side of the thick-coated horses and cattle, soaked the dirt down to the longest grass roots, I summoned up crashing waves, the drum roll of fast moving hooves, the feel of my horse's powerful strides beneath me as we sliced through the the soft, oxygen-rich sea air.

The pastures will wait. This is my life, a life where there is always time for adventure, for experiences and sensations to light the gloomiest of winter days.

 
Ponying Jetblue at Del Rey Beach. Photo by Lorenzo.

No comments:

Post a Comment