Monday, April 30, 2012

The Moth on My Kitchen Window Screen

It was my first day back home after a full four days away at a Powell Butte, Brasada Ranch horse show. The competition was successful on many levels -- more on that later.

Coming home from a horse show is always a lot of work. I spent much of the day unpacking and getting caught up on loads of human and horse laundry.

Mid-afternoon, Dr. Meagan Jurasek arrived to take a look at one of our Black Angus heifers, Libbey. Poor Libbey has sprouted some nasty looking bovine warts, a virus which is usually carried by insects. Dr. Jurasek vaccinated Libbey's pasture mate, Tove, and used forceps to squeeze Libbey's warts -- to help stimulate Libbey's immune response. More on bovine warts later, too.

As I was speeding around late this afternoon, trying to get my day wrapped up so I could head to my Screenwriting class, I noticed this moth on my kitchen window screen. It's similar to the Cynthia Moth in my insect guide book, but not exact. An enchanting creature to be certain!

No comments:

Post a Comment