Friday, July 13, 2012

Water Training at Willamette Mission State Park

I always work at improving my horse's abilities and trust in me. Here in Oregon, we're blessed to have some amazing state parks with incredible horse trails and truly awesome training opportunities. Most summers, I'm able to haul horses out weekly.

Last Friday, Lorenzo helped me take Drifty, Irish, and Jetblue to Willamette Mission State Park. With its wide, relatively flat trails, Willamette Misison is a wonderful place to pony colts or for firt time trail riders or trail horses to gain experience.

The horse trail meanders through woods, grasslands, and along a variety of farm fields. At one point, riders skirt the Willamette River before cutting back along a type of slough area. It's here that we always get some water training done.


Come watch Lorenzo and Irish in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqbGp3XIkBA

No comments:

Post a Comment