Friday, February 3, 2012

The Artist Vocation is to Send Light Into the Human Heart

The title line for this post is a quote from German composer and pianist Robert Schumann (1810-1856).
Shadows intrigue me.  Last year, I photographed my shadow with that of at least one of every species of critter here at the ranch.  It was an amazing project, one I truly loved.

Late yesterday afternoon, as I was coming in from the barn, I was again drawn to the way my long lean cowgirl shadow spills across the blacktop.  In the soft warm glow of a disappearing sun, the lines for my boots and my Elko-style hat are particularly appealing to me.  Looking through my lens, I made a few exposures before my daughter joined me, proving that two shadows are always more interesting than just one.

No comments:

Post a Comment